When to Seek Help

Back Pain

When to Seek Further Advice:

  • If they are under 6 years old.
  • If their back pain goes on for more than four weeks.
  • If their back pain stops them from doing things.
  • If they feel unwell and/or have a high temperature (fever).
  • If they have changes in bowel/bladder control.
  • If they have significant weight loss.
  • If the pain is getting worse.
  • If they have pins and needles, numbness or weakness.
  • If there are changes to the shape of their spine.
  • If they start complaining of stiffness or difficulty in moving.
  • If pain is disturbing their sleep.

If you are worried about any of the above please contact your G.P.