Cervical Screening (Smear Tests)
In Scotland, the cervical screening test is offered to all women:
- between the ages of 25 and 49 every 3 years
- between the ages of 50 and 64 every 5 years
Regular cervical screening (smear test):
- Is the best protection against cervical cancer
- Saves around 5,000 lives every year in the UK
- prevents 8 out of 10 cervical cancers from developing.
The test takes less than 5 minutes and can save lives. Go on, add a smear to your to-do list.
Make your appointment with either your
- GP practice
- sexual health clinic or
- family planning clinic
For more information about cervical screening, please visit NHSinform.scot