This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. I'm fine with this Cookie information


Two websites are highly recommended for those living in Scotland seeking travel health guidance. Fit for Travel which gives the most up to date information for the public and the professional site TRAVAX.

Access to TRAVAX requires registration but it is free for Community Pharmacists in Scotland to register.

 For more information visit

Healthcare Abroad for information on the European Health Insurance card (EHIC)

Travelling with controlled drugs provides advice from the government on travelling with prescription medicines.

Key points for community pharmacy

  • Provide patients with pre-travel advice.
  • Encourage the use of sunscreen with a minimum SPF15. 
  • Advise on the carriage and storage of medicines abroad e.g. insulin.