Team Purpose within the Public Health and Health Improvement Directorate
The role of the Maternity, Children and Public Health Team is to reduce inequalities and improve the heath and wellbeing of children, young people and pregnant women by providing strategic, evidence based advice and guidance enabling the delivery of high quality services.
Core Team Members
To improve the health and wellbeing of pregnant women, children and young people and their families. To reduce inequalities within these groups and between these groups and the rest of the population.
The key objectives within the workplan are to:
1. Improve the health and wellbeing of pregnant women and their children across the antenatal and perinatal period and reduces inequalities within these groups and between these groups.
2. Provide leadership to improve the health and wellbeing of children and young people and reduces
inequalities within this population.
3. Lead the creation and dissemination of surveillance and intelligence outputs form the Child Health
Surveillance system, EMIS web and other sources.
4. Contribute to more effective network governance for the maternity and children's agenda within NHSGGC
5. Develop and influence the implementation of the child safety and unintentional injury strategy for NHSGGC.
6. Support professional practice by creating evidence to ensure that health visitor action targets better
outcomes for children and families living in relative socio-economic deprivation.
7. Lead the development of the child and maternal health and intelligence function within NHSGGC and at a
8. Evaluate, report and act to reduce impact of relative poverty for children and families.
To contact the Maternal and Child Public Health Team please e-mail [email protected]