Brief Overview of the NHSGGC Archive
The NHSGGC archive is located at the Mitchell Library at Charing Cross. The Archive is normally open to readers on Thursdays and Fridays. Readers should contact the Archivist to make an appointment before coming in. The purpose of the Archive is to preserve records of long-term value for medical, epidemiological and historical research and for purposes of accountability. Material is constantly being added to the Archive.
Material Types Included in the Archive:
- Reports by the Director of Public Health
- Various publications by NHSGGC Health Board and the various other functions associated with it
- Published histories of hospitals from within the NHSGGC area
- Staff Directories
- Organograms / Reports from external consultancies regarding business and / or operating processes or organisation
- Materials concerning the running and operation of the board
- Justification statements / reports regarding the organisation and delivery of services etc.
- Personal papers of significant figures
- Admission records
- Patient records
- Ward records
- Ephemera from various locations
- Architectural plans and drawings
- Photographs and projection images
- A limited number of artifacts
Further information is available via the NHSGGC Archive pages.
If you have any questions or are in any doubt, then please contact: [email protected]