The Paediatric Liaison Psychiatry team is one of a number of services available to meet the emotional and behavioural needs of children, young people and families. Other services include:
Services based at the Royal Hospital for Children:
• Paediatric Clinical Psychology (www.nhsggc.org.uk/PCP)
• Family Bereavement Service
• Family Support and Information Service
• Chaplaincy and Spiritual Care
Community based services
• Child and Adolescent Mental Health Teams (CAMHS) including ICAMHS
• Scottish Centre for Autism
• Community Children’s Nursing Teams
• Social Work
• Schools and Educational psychology services
If there is uncertainty about which service is most suitable for a referral, this can be discussed with our on call clinician, who is responsible for taking referrals that day. Referrals that require psychological input based within RHC, but not the expertise of a multi-disciplinary mental health team, may be discussed with the Paediatric Clinical Psychology Service.
If RHC based input is not required, but there is a mental health need, referrals may be passed to an appropriate community team or specialist service after discussion with the referrer, or guidance may be given on services and resources.