Information about appointments
At the present time, all initial appointments for assessment will be by telephone (unless a specific need for another appointment type is identified).
- Everything you tell us will be treated as confidential. It is therefore important that you can take the call in a quiet and private area.
- Please make sure that you are in a space where you can move the body part that is causing you concern, speak freely and feel comfortable.
- This first appointment may last up to 45 minutes.
- Please remember that telephone and video appointments should be treated like any other NHS appointment. Please plan to be available at the time stated and in suitable surroundings.
After your initial appointment, your physiotherapist will discuss with you whether further sessions will be conducted by telephone, video or face to face.
Click here for more information regarding preparation for this telephone appointment
- To cancel or change your appointment please call please telephone 0800592087 or email a[email protected], giving us as much notice as possible so that other arrangements can be made, and your appointment can be offered to another patient. Not Attending costs NHS Scotland approximately £135 per appointment.
- If you fail to attend any appointment (telephone, video or face to face) and don't contact us within 24 hours, we'll assume you no longer wish to access our service and will discharge you.
- If you cancel or fail to attend 2 or more appointments, we will discharge you.
(Please note that these conditions are in line with the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde 'Did not attend and cancellation Policy'. You are welcome in our service and we want to give you the best possible care, these measures help us to be efficient and keep our waiting times as short as possible).