This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. I'm fine with this Cookie information

Employment and Training

Getting back to work is different for different people.  You should speak to your practice nurse or doctor if you have any worries or don't feel quite well enough. 

The government's Employment Service can provide special help with returning to work (including adaptations to your workplace) or with finding suitable employment or training. 

Contact the Disability Employment Advisor (DEA) who works from the local job centre (telephone numbers are in your local phone book under “employment service”).  The DEA will help you decide what to do. 

For additional information see the "Employment Support Services: NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Area" (Updated July 2011) document which provides:

  • Services for people who are unemployed
  • Service for people who are in employment
  • Financial inclusion services

Also see our Slide Presentation entitled "Work after a Stroke"