Bike Storage - Acute Sites
Cycling Information by Site
Inverclyde Royal Hospital
- Bicycle lockers are situated adjacent to the main hospital entrance area.
- Site Facilities – 01475 504663
Gartnavel General / Royal Hospital
- Staff travelling by bicycle can secure their bikes at any of the designated cycle parking facilities located across the campus. Cycle racks are located outside J B Russell House and the Modular Unit. Bicycles should be secured using an approved lock. Any bicycles left over a period of time will be removed to ensure availability of these facilities for those who need them on a daily basis. Bicycle parking is available outside the main hospital entrance for 32 bikes and there is a locked bike shelter at the side of the Beatson for 20 bikes. Key for the Beatson cycle shelter available for a £5 refundable deposit.
- Contact the General Office, attached to the Cashiers Office in the admin corridor at Gartnavel General.
Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- There are cycle stores at the McEwan building, front of New Lister Building and at the Medicinal entrance at the quadrangle. GRI also have a 50 cycle rack within the Queen Elizabeth Building (know as Bike Alley).
- Contact Facilities Management 0141 211 4611 (24611)
New Stobhill Hospital
- Main hospital entrances
- Contact Facilities Management, Jayne McCluskey ext no 11393
New Victoria Hospital
- The cycle shelter is located at front of NVH. There are also cycle stands in the underground car park.
- Contact Facilities Management to obtain the code to the combination locks (you will need to provide photo evidence in the form of your ID card).
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital & Royal Hospital for Children's Campus
- There are secure cycle stores located throughout the QEUH campus at: The main ones are at the rear of the Office Block for 120 bikes, rear of CMB (Clocktower) for 60 bikes and for 50 bikes at the front of the Lab Building. There are also smaller secure storage options at front of maternity, Lollipop lane, Institute of Neurological Sciences and opposite A & E.
- To obtain a code for the locked shelters please contact Site Facilities, Labs Building by phone: 0141 354 9650 or email: [email protected] (if contacting Facilities in person, you will need to provide photo evidence in the form of your ID card).
- To request a locker please complete the application form and send to [email protected]
Royal Alexandra Hospital
- The main cycle shelter is situated at the top of the main patient and visitor car park; bicycles must be secured within the shelter by the user. There are an additional few old style cycle lockers situated between the main concourse and OT/Physio area (small external area).
- Contact Cashiers in ground floor entrance. Simon Millar – Chair of BUG 0141 314 6609 (46609)
Vale of Leven
- A secure, enclosed cycle shed is situated across from the only bus stop on the VOL site, which is positioned at the old entrance to the Maternity Unit. (Tallest Block) There is also a Sheffield stand situated under the covered area directly behind the bus stop where bikes can be secured safely for a short period of time only.(Not overnight)
- To obtain a key for entry to the secure bike shed a small deposit is required which should be paid to the cashier at the main entrance who will issue the key.
West Glasgow ACH
- There are 3 cycle sheds on site. One opposite the main entrance. Sheffield stands are located at the front entrance at Day Surgery.
- Contact Site Facilities on 80607