There are a range of cycle storage facilities at our acute sites for staff to use. Bicycles should be secured using an approved lock. Any bicycles left over a period of time will be removed to ensure availability of these facilities for those who need them on a daily basis. Guidance on how to secure your bike is available here
For more information on changing and showering facilities, please contact the relevant Site Facilities department. For more information on cycling to work, including Cyclescheme, please contact [email protected]
For the sites below, we have also developed Walking and Cycling maps. These provide information on local and national cycle routes, as well as information on the location of staff changing facilities and cycle storage. These can be accessed by clicking here.
Gartnavel General / Royal Hospital
- Secure cycle shelters are located at the main entrance to Gartnavel General (30 bikes) and adjacent to the Beatson (20 bikes)
- Secure cycle shelter (10 bikes) at car park near Admin Building.
- Cycle racks are also located outside J B Russell House and Gartnavel Royal
- There is also a Bike Repair stand at the secure cycle shelter at the main entrance to Gartnavel General
- The key for the Beatson cycle shelter and Gartnavel General main entrance is available for a £5 refundable deposit. Contact the General Office, attached to the Cashiers Office in the admin corridor at Gartnavel General
- Showers are available in the Administration building, JB Russell House and west end of West House for Gartnavel Royal and are located within staff changing areas. Please contact the respective site Facilities Management for more information
Glasgow Royal Infirmary
- Cycle racks for 50 bikes and clothing storage lockers are available internally at ground floor level within Queen Elizabeth Building (QEB) in the link corridor. The lockers require a £1 coin to operate (deposit)
- There is also secure cycle storage at the entrances at Medical Block (30 bikes) and at New Lister Building (20 bikes), with cycle racks outside the entrance to New Lister Building, towards the rear of Macewan Building and at the car park at A & E
- There are also cycle pods outside New Lister Building, which are managed by the University
- There are shower facilities available in Centre Block ground floor level near to security desk, key available from security. Showers are also available in male and female changing rooms outside wards 24 and 33 of Surgical Block. There are also female showers in the female changing rooms in QEB lower ground level
Inverclyde Royal Hospital
- A secure shelter for 10 bikes is located outside the main hospital entrance. Bicycle lockers are situated adjacent to the main hospital entrance area
- There are staff changing and shower facilities available on Level ‘B’ (lower ground floor)
New Stobhill Hospital
- Secure cycle storage is located at the main hospital at East & West entrances. Cycle racks are also located at these locations.
- Secure cycle storage for 10 bikes at shelters at Skye House and Belmont Centre.
- Showers are located within the staff changing area on the third floor of the main hospital
New Victoria Hospital
- There is a secure cycle shelter located at the main entrance to the hospital. There are cycle racks in the underground car park
- There is also a Bike Repair stand at the secure cycle shelter at the main entrance
- The code for the shelters is available from Facilities
- Changing areas with shower and locker facilities are located within the secure staff changing area on the second floor of the hospital
- There is also a Bike Repair stand at the secure cycle shelter at the main entrance to New Victoria
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital & Royal Hospital for Children's Campus
- There are various secure cycle stores at the QEUH campus: Capacity is shown in brackets
Maternity block (10), opposite A & E entrance (20) adjacent to the Office Block (100), rear of the CMB (60), Neurological Sciences (10), Lollipop Lane (10). Click here to see the nearest cycle parking to your place of work on the campus and information on staff shower and changing facilities
- There is also a Bike Repair stand at the "Yellow" bike shelter at car park 1, near the entrance to Children's Hospital
Royal Alexandra Hospital
- A secure shelter is available at the main entrance to A & E and at the side of the Paediatric Building
- There is also a cycle shelter situated at the top of the main patient and visitor car park
- There are an additional cycle lockers situated between the main concourse and OT/Physio area (small external area)
- Contact Cashiers in ground floor entrance. Simon Millar – Chair of BUG 0141 314 6609 (46609)2
- Showers are available within staff changing areas within the Main Building, Theatres and Maternity
Vale of Leven
- A secure, enclosed cycle shed is situated across from the only bus stop on the site, which is positioned at the old entrance to the Maternity Unit
- There is also a cycle rack under the covered area directly behind the bus stop where bikes can be secured safely for a short period of time only.(Not overnight)
- Changing and shower facilities are available within the male and female changing rooms
- To obtain a key for entry to the secure bike shed a small deposit is required which should be paid to the cashier at the main entrance who will issue the key.
West Glasgow ACH
- Secure cycle parking is available at the main hospital entrances. There are also bike racks in these areas
- Female staff changing area with shower and locker facilities are located on the ground floor within the Bute corridor.
- Male changing and shower facilities are located on the 1st floor of the tower opposite the Staff Coffee Lounge