The NHSScotland Workforce Planning Community
The NHS Scotland Workforce Planning Community Website was established in 2015 for use by the NHS Scotland Workforce Planning and Human Resources community; however it also contains information which may be useful to:-
- NHS staff who are not operational workforce planners but need to be aware of the importance of workforce planning their own services to meet the workforce, service and financial challenges of the future.
- Ad-hoc visitors from partner agencies who want to obtain information on workforce planning in NHS Scotland.
The site has been designed to allow visitors to quickly access information on workforce planning. Most of the site is open and you do not have to be a member of the Community to access information; however access is restricted to certain pages which are appropriate for NHS Scotland National Workforce Planning Forum members only (this may restrict some search functionality).
Using this site will allow you to:-
- Identify workforce planning contacts in each of the NHS Scotland Territorial and Special Health Boards and access workforce planning documents.
- Understand background information on workforce planning and how it integrates into service delivery and financial planning.
- Understand the context in which workforce planning sits within overall NHS Scotland.
- Obtain additional information on the Skills for Health “Six Steps Methodology to Integrated Workforce Planning” (which is used across NHS Scotland) and how it can be best utilised as part of a workforce planning process.
- Develop an awareness of the importance of good workforce data and information to inform the planning process.
- Secure details of and links to recent workforce planning activities within NHS Job Families and Care Groups.
- Understand how to access a variety of support tools and useful links.