In accordance with Section 14 of Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions of Service, employees absent from work owing to illness will be entitled, subject to the conditions of the agreement, to receive sick pay in accordance with the scale below (see Section 12 for provisions governing reckonable service):
- during the first year of service - one month full pay and two months half pay;
- during the second year of service - two months full pay and two months half pay;
- during the third year of service – four months full pay and four months half pay;
- during the fourth and fifth years of service – five months full pay and five months half pay;
- after completing five years of service – six months full pay and six months half pay
If an employee is absent due to ill health and their pay status is due to change to half pay or nil pay they must be advised in advance of the adjustment taking place. The Payroll department will write directly to the employee to confirm the adjustment but it should also be discussed in any Formal Absence Review meetings and noted in the outcome letter.
The entitlement for Medical and Dental staff is the same as above. Further details can be found on our Medical and Dental web page.