Employability and Young People
The Employability Service offers specialist guidance and advice to all NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde services to support local delivery of our organisation's workforce employability objectives. The overarching aim is to support development of an appropriately skilled workforce from a diverse background which will meet current and future service demands.
Work the Employability Service supports includes:
- Development and implementation of a wide ranging strategy for employing young people and other under represented groups within the workforce in partnership with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde service managers
- Comprehensive project management and delivery of the NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde Modern Apprenticeship programme, in line with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde objectives, nationally set targets, workforce plans and service redesign
- Promotion of NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde as an employer of choice by raising awareness of the broad range of jobs, apprenticeships and careers, and pathways into these, through a range of methods including: development of a new suite of on line careers resources; a revised model of schools work experience and schools engagement programme
- Development of new pathways into employment for 16-24 year olds, in partnership with NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde services and external stakeholders, with provision for under represented groups with specific barriers to employment.
- Ongoing development and management of the NHS Glasgow and Clyde Schools Work Experience Programme
Contact:Laura McKie, Employability Lead
Tel: 07920 137911
Email: [email protected]
Could you be a Careers Ambassador?
If you are passionate about what you do and would like to inspire the next generation of NHSGGC Employees then sign up to our Careers Ambassador Register.
Participation is voluntary and you can offer to support from a little as one event a year.
Click here here to join or visit https://link.webropolsurveys.com/S/3193511230A7630A