Getting to the Campus
Our Moviemap below shows all sustainable travel links to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital / Royal Hospital for Children (QEUH / RHC) campus.
Please click on the boxes of the Moviemap below.
- The map features public transport options for bus travel,train and subway options.
- The map has links to Traveline Scotland for personal journey planning.
- Walking and cycling routes are also indicated as well as parking information for the campus.
Walking and Cycling Guide
Click here to view/download "Walking and Cycling Guide for Queen Elizabeth University Hospital". This provides information on active travel and public transport options for accessing the campus. A site map can be accessed by clicking here.
- First Glasgow Hospital Connect services 8, 16, 34A and 77 directly serve the hospital. Service 90 services the grounds via Langlands Drive, with the 3 serving Langlands Road, approximately a 10 minute walk to the main hospital site.
- Stagecoach service X19 (Fastlink) directly serves the hospital
- McGills services 17 and 23 directly serve the hospital, with service 26 serving Shieldhall Road, approximately a 10 minute walk to the main hospital site.
- Colchri service 25 directly serves the hospital.
First Glasgow, Stagecoach, McGill's and Colchri buses are low floor, easily accessible for wheelchair users and ‘buggy friendly’.
- The hospital covers a large area. You may find it easier to take a bus that goes through the grounds.
- Concession Pass Holders travelling before 9.00am no longer need to show an appointment card.
- First, McGill's and Stagecoach accept payment by card.
By Rail or Subway
- Cardonald Station: A 25 minute walk to Langlands Road entrance (just over 1 mile) or by bus with Colchri 25, First 34a and McGill's 17.
- Central Station (Union Street) (nearest buses): McGill's 23, 23A or Stagecoach X19. Alternatively take the St Enoch Subway to Govan and follow the directions below.
- Govan Subway Station: A 25 minute walk to Govan Road entrance (just over 1 mile). The 34a, X19 and 23/23A connect Govan Subway to Arrivals Square and the 90 to the Hospital grounds on Langlands Drive. X19 & 23/23a depart from the on street bus stops, with the 34a and 90 departing from Govan bus station.
- Paisley Gilmour Street Station: McGill's 17.
- Partick Interchange: First 8, 16 & 77 operate at frequent intervals direct to the main hospital entrance.
- Queen Street Station: Stagecoach X19 or First 77 from Cathedral Street. Alternatively, take the Buchanan Street Subway to Govan or Partick and follow the above directions.
By Walking or Cycling
Follow the link to access our dedicated walking and cycling pages. The guide for the QEUH site is available here.
Introduction of Patient and Visitor Transfer Vehicle across QEUH Campus
The Patient and Visitor Transfer Vehicle service provides improved access for individuals who have restricted mobility and assists patients and visitors around the QEUH campus.
Collection/drop off at key locations across the campus including:
- Both Multi Storey Car Parks (P1 and P2)
- Main entrances of QEUH / RHC / INS / SIU / PDRU / Maternity Unit / Langlands Building / Podiatry / Westmarc.
Hours of availability and seating capacity:
- Service currently operates from 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Buggy can transfer a maximum of 5 persons (or 1 person in a wheelchair and 3 persons) at a time
- Patients and Visitors require to be over the age of 12 years or taller than 135cm to comply with the safe use of seat belt legislation.
Designated routes and access to buggy service
Patients and Visitors can access the Transfer Vehicle via designated call points located in ground floor of P1 and P2 or via hospital reception staff located within QEUH / RHC / INS / SIU / PDRU / Maternity Unit/ Langlands Building / Podiatry / Westmarc.
Further Information / Contacts