This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. I'm fine with this Cookie information
Follow is on Twitter Like us on Facebook Follow us on Instagram

*UPDATED* Vaccine info, general info and guidance for public, NHSGGC staff, and community-based services.  Hospital visiting restrictions in place.

Other help with eating and feeding behaviour

If you are worried about feeding problems and issues such as food refusal or picky variable eating, this leaflet may provide the answer to some of the issues that are worrying you.

Your health visitor (for preschool children) or your GP (for school age children) can usually offer helpful advice and support. If need be they may refer you on to:

  • Dietitian - to assess whether their diet is good enough and give you advice on managing their eating behaviour
  • Parenting support such as triple P, for support in managing their behaviour in general
  • Paediatrician to investigate worries about their growth or possible nutrient deficiencies
  • Speech therapist to investigate how they chew and swallow.

If these people are worried and you live in the Greater Glasgow health board area , they may refer on to us, but we do not accept referrals straight from primary care.

Last Updated: 11 November 2020