The first Homoeopathic Dispensary in Glasgow was established in 1880 by a few doctors.
In 1909 a new Dispensary was opened financed by the Houldsworth family and in 1914 Houldsworth Hospital was started at 5 Lynedoch Crescent.
The hospital moved at 1000 Great Western Road in 1931, the premises at Lynedoch Crescent becoming the out-patient dispensary.
The Board of Management amalgamated with that of the Children's Homoeopathic Hospital in 1944 and after the establishment of the National Health Service in 1948 both hospitals came under the Board of Management for Glasgow Homoeopathic Hospitals and within the NHS.
The out-patients dispensary was moved from Lynedoch Crescent to within the hospital at 1000 Great Western Road in 1987.
The Children's Homoeopathic Hospital was closed in the late 1970s.
The hospital in 1999 moved to a new purpose-built hospital premises in the grounds of Gartnavel General Hospital, less than half a mile away.
To read about it's creation please read below. Or to watch a virtual tour of the hospital please click here.
It was later renamed as the Centre for Integrative Care on the Gartnavel Hospital campus, and is part of NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde.