SESSION 5 For S1 Pupils
This session provides young people with a way to debrief from the Be Screen Smart project and to celebrate their efforts at reducing their screen time and increasing their screen-free activities.
Young People Will:
- Celebrate their efforts at cutting back on screen time activities.
- Discuss their overall experiences of participating in this project.
50 – 60 minutes
- Be Screen Smart Certificate
Activity Steps with pupils
- Ask pupils to share with the rest of the class what they learned through these sessions and whether they plan to do anything differently with their free time from now on. Ask pupils if their life would be different, even better if they spent less time in front of the screen.
- Have pupils play games and/or give a demonstration of the activities they did during the screen-free challenges (e.g., if they developed an advertisement, sketch, rap, etc., have them share it with the rest of the class).
- Provide certificate of participation to all.
- Ask pupils to make posters which highlight entertainment screen time should be no more than 2 hours a day. Option: Posters could be displayed in school.
Be Screen Smart Certificate