Activity Steps with Pupils - Primary 3
- Collect screen time tracking forms.
- Discuss what is screen time? Screen Time is time spent in front of screens.
- Discuss with class the benefits of using screens for learning and connecting with family and friends.
- Discuss what are screen-free activities. Write answers on a board.
- Ask pupils to make a poster with screen-free activities which keep our minds & bodies healthy. Put posters up in the classroom & around the school.
- Discuss with pupils why it’s important to NOT always be in front of screens.
- Not good for mind & body
- Can impact on: eye sight, physical & mental health, school work & homework.
Do 3 or more activities during the week which do not involve a screen e.g. playing outside, going to the park, playing a board game, drawing a picture, painting or something else of your choice. Write down what you did & bring to class.