Activity Steps with Pupils - Primary 2
Circle Time – Teacher Led
Discuss with class the benefits of using screens for learning and connecting with family and friends.
- Collect screen time tracking forms.
- Ask each pupil to list 3 activities they like to do after school which do not involve screens.
- Pupils take part in a screen free activity either as a class indoor or outdoor.
- Class create a screen free book. Pupils draw a picture of their favourite screen free activity and get them to write a brief description about the activity: why they like the screen free activity or take a photograph of each pupil doing their favourite non-screen activity with a brief description. Teacher can put the book together and read to class. Class can share/read to other pupils.
- Discuss what is good for health, for example:
- Exercise, physical activities, eating healthy
- Non-screen activities: playing outside, going to the park, playing indoors, reading, drawing, riding bikes, playing with a ball etc
- Spending time with family & friends without screens
- Homework Task: Do 2 or more activities during the week which do not involve a screen e.g. play outside, go to the park, play a board game, draw a picture, paint or something else of your choice. Write down what you did & bring to class.