NHSGGC Staff Bank - New booking system- ‘BankStaff’
Implementation July 2017
From 1st July 2017 an exciting new Bank Management and booking system will be introduced within NHSGGC. The new system is called ‘BankStaff’ and will be used to manage bookings for temporary Nursing & Midwifery staff and is designed to simplify the complex process of filling available bank shifts.
Benefits of the new system are it provides a comprehensive audit trail of bank usage, sends alerts of available shifts to bank workers, also provides real time operational data to aid planning and analysis and enables the contact centre to focus on the hard to fill shifts. A key improvement of the new BankStaff system is the Employee on line function (EOL) which enables bank workers to self serve via their smart phone, tablet or Laptop from any location.
Bank workers will now have the ability to:
• View Available Bank shifts
• See all available bank shifts matched to their skills
• Add their own availability
• Request to work or book directly onto these shifts
• View shifts they have agreed to work
• View if their electronic timesheet has been signed off at the ward
***Please note that the 4 day training course on Violence and Aggression is not required for RMNs working in acute settings.