NHSGGC in partnership with UWS have developed a series of short videoclips to support nursing staff with the NMC revalidation process.
The videoclips are very short and have been purposely designed to provide staff with a quick illustration of the process with the hope that staff will generate discussion, identify further learning and know where to locate resources.
The series of videoclips follows the stages of the revalidation process from 'Getting Started' and where to access help through to examples of 'Reflective Discussions' and the 'Confirmation' stage and the final 'Online Declaration'.
*** Please note that the videos can be accessed via the links on the right hand side.
1. 'Getting Started' - This shows how staff can help each other and identify supportive resources.
2. 'Reflective Discussion 1' - This is a longer clip and shows a different style of reflection that works for the nurse. This shows that different approaches can still produce the same outcome in terms of reflecting on your practice and how you can make explicit links with the NMC Code. This is a quick illustration of how an 'everyday' task can be used to inform reflective practice and links with the NMC Code.
3. 'Reflective Discussion 2' - This is a shorter clip and shows a different style of reflection that works for the nurse. In this clip the nurse chooses to select different aspects of their practice to reflect on. This demonstrates the range of styles and scope of topics that can be used.
4. 'Confirmation and the Role of the Line Manager' - This is a very brief overview of the process. The confirmation meeting will take longer to complete. Staff require their line manager to complete this confirmation stage, for the majority of staff your line manager will be an NMC registrant.
5. 'Online Declaration' - This is a quick clip to show that the online declaration to the NMC is easy and quick to complete.
We hope that you find the videos useful and if you have any questions or concerns please contact your local Practice Development/ Practice Education Team for further information and guidance.