GG & CLYDE Managed Clinical Network for Stroke GUIDING PRINCIPLES AIMS OF MCN
To ensure that services in the GG & Clyde NHS area that are designed to prevent and treat stroke and its consequences are of high quality, equitable, evidence-based and tailored to the needs of patients and carers.
- Ensure optimal prevention of stroke disease in the GGNHS area
- Ensure a seamless, high quality service exists for stroke care in the GGNHS area
- Ensure equity of access (based on need) to optimal stroke care across the GGNHS area
- Monitor and report on the performance of stroke care in the GGNHS area
- To provide informed advice to the unified Board on priorities for development and investment
- To provide a financial structure with accountability for monies allocated to the management and development of stroke services, and through which these would be channeled.
OBJECTIVES OF MCN
- Develop and implement a strategy for Stroke care, in partnership with patients, relevant to the needs of patients in Primary and Secondary Care within GGNHS.
- Establish the burden of stroke disease and the needs of patients and carers within GGNHS
- Review and update GGNHS protocols and guidelines for Stroke care, in line with national guidelines.
- Ensure that patients have equity of access (based on need) to defined high standards of care and consistent delivery of these across GGNHS.
- Audit performance of services and identify areas for development.
- Ensure integration of these proposals into the local health planning process
- Ensure that QIS standards are met
- Report to GGNHSB on the implementation of the Coronary Heart Disease and Stroke Task Force recommendations.
- Ensure effective inter agency and interprofessional working to optimise patient care
- Ensure best use of "stroke" resources in line with agreed priorities
back to the top