• All those in Grade IV should be seen by HFLNS.
• DO NOT call those being managed by HFLNS for annual review - the HFLNS will return the relevant information on a pro-forma the practice should enter the data.
• The PRACTICE should enter that a patient is being managed by the HFLNS when HFLNS sends a communication to the practice to indicate this.
• If currently receiving HFLNS care, the code ‘8HBE’ will show in the box.
• Only use this code if patient has a further appointment with HFLNS.
• No need to go further in template for these patients.
• If HFLNS is following up your patient then all issues will be covered by them.
• Remember to refer to the HFLNS if there is diagnostic uncertainty, or if your patient has NYHA code III or IV, or has worsening symptoms.
Referral to HFLNS
To arrange HFNLS follow up for patients who have had a recent admission to hospital with heart failure secondary to LVSD and who have not been picked up by the service, contact your HFLNS to arrange follow-up. This can be done by phone or in writing but not via cardiology SCI referral.
Once heart failure symptoms are stable, treatment optimised and appropriate self management and social needs are met then patients will no longer receive planned HFLNS support.
Any patient who develops worsening symptoms however, may re-access the service either through their GP as indicated above, or may contact the service themselves on the following numbers:
• Queen Elizabeth University Hospital - 0141 451 6132
• Glasgow Royal Infirmary - 0141 211 4543
• West of Glasgow ACH- 0141 201 0383
• Royal Alexandra Hospital - 0141 314 9701
• Victoria ACH -0141 347 8076
• Inverclyde Royal Hospital- 01475 505130
• Stobhill ACH - 0141 355 1840