• All those in Grade IV should be seen by HFLNS.
• DO NOT call those being managed by HFLNS for annual review - the HFLNS will return the relevant information on a pro-forma the practice should enter the data.
• The PRACTICE should enter that a patient is being managed by the HFLNS when HFLNS sends a communication to the practice to indicate this.
• If currently receiving HFLNS care, the code ‘8HBE’ will show in the box.
• Only use this code if patient has a further appointment with HFLNS.
• No need to go further in template for these patients.
• If HFLNS is following up your patient then all issues will be covered by them.
• Remember to refer to the HFLNS if there is diagnostic uncertainty, or if your patient has NYHA code III or IV, or has worsening symptoms.
Click here for HFLNS referral form.