We have started moving content to our new website at: www.nhsggc.scot
• Measure and record the patient’s weight annually.
• If the patient’s height is already recorded, there is no requirement to re-measure unless obvious loss of height.
• Remember to use cm for height and kg for weight.
• Enter height and weight, then 'file' - this will calculate BMI automatically.
• If Underweight (BMI<18.5) use the MUST tool. Clicking on the TOOL symbol on the template will also access MUST.
• If there is a recent history of unintentional weight loss, then ask for previous weight (3-6 months ago) and estimate percentage weight loss using MUST tool.
Also, ask yourself WHY? Does this weight loss need investigated?
• If Overweight (BMI>25), consider the patient’s Readiness to Change their lifestyle, and give the patient further advice on weight reduction during the Health Determinants section of the interview.