Transition to National Single PECOS
NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde (NHSGGC) is migrating to the National Single Instance of PECOS on the 6th April 2020. This communication is for users of the current PECOS system, and outlines the changes you can expect to see in the new system, the timescales involved and any actions required prior to and after the transition date.
In February 2017, all Health Board Chief Executives approved a ‘Once for Scotland’ approach to implement the national Procurement Transformation Programme (PTP) proposal. The proposal recognises the ambitions of the Scottish Government in the Health and Social Care Delivery Plan in relation to a ‘Once for Scotland’ service.
With patient care at the heart of its purpose and vision, the PTP will identify clinical opportunities to reduce variation, obtain best value and offer the same quality products used in patient care wherever you are in Scotland.
One of the key deliverables of the Programme is the development and launch of a single instance of PECOS, removing duplication of effort and unwarranted variation.
The transition to the new National Single Instance of PECOS is split into four waves across Scotland reflecting the regional splits. NHSGGC will be the second wave of this transition.
3. What does this mean for NSS users of PECOS?
- The single instance of PECOS is the same version of PECOS that NHSGGC is currently using and there are therefore minimal changes from a user perspective.
- You will receive an email advising you of the new web link for the Single Instance.
- All users of the current PECOS system will NOT be required to change their User ID however their Password will be reset and they will be required to change that on the occasion of the first login attempt. You will receive an email advising you that your Password will need to be reset.
- Order numbering will be in the same format as it is currently, but will start afresh at a higher number.
- The process of order approvals and escalation will remain the same.
- Product restrictions will be applied as they are currently.
- Orders which have been raised in the old system will not be transferred. Selected Requisitioner’s will have restricted access to old PECOS for a period of 12 months to allow Change Orders to be processed.
- Where possible please refrain from raising orders in the old system that will require to be changed beyond 12 months after the date of transfer.
- There will be new options visible in the financial tracking screen. You will only be required to complete the same fields that you use within the current system. Any changes are there to reflect the requirements of other Boards.
As orders which have been raised in the old system will not be transferred. Receipts for these orders must still be processed within the old PECOS system.
Where possible please refrain from raising orders in the old system that will require to be receipted beyond 12 months after the date of transfer.
- There will be a period of twelve months from the date of transfer where approvers may still receive emails from the old PECOS system requesting authorisation for any orders that have been changed in the old system. These will only be accessible in the old system, to access retain this link https://nhsggandc.pecosipm.com/pm/gb/register.asp and a note of your old system password).
- The requirements for approving an order in the new system remain the same as they are in the current system.
- Mobile Link – A new mobile URL will be sent to enable those of you who use the Mobile Approval functionality.
4. ACTION REQUIRED
All PECOS users should familiarise themselves with the contents of this update. Further notifications will be issued if required as the go live date approaches.
You have received this email since you currently have an active Pecos account. If you no longer require a user account, please confirm that your account can be deactivated
Any questions should be directed to the NHSGGC Procurement Team by emailing [email protected]