The Department covers all procurement requirements for NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde. There are specific delegated responsibilities for some specialist services detailed below.
The Procurement Department consists of the following teams:
- Senior Management Team
- Commercial Team
- Capital Equipment Team
- Stores and Logistics Team
- Purchasing, Systems and Customer Services Team
These teams undertake the following functions:
- The Commodity and the Equipment teams take the commercial lead on determining what and from whom we purchase our goods and services.
- The Capital Equipment team tender for and order all major items of clinical equipment together with supporting maintenance contracts.
- The Commercial team work closely with our Clinical teams and our colleagues in National Procurement to contract for all other goods and services required
- The Purchasing, Systems and Customer Services Team deal with tactical purchasing activities, provide a Procurement helpdesk function and maintain all of the electronic systems that underpin the purchase to pay process
- The Stores and Logistics teams provide ward top up services to our acute hospitals and deal with local logistics activities
Buying responsibility for some Specialist Services are delegated to expert departments. They are:
- eHealth - All hardware, software and IT Projects
- Operational Estates - All building maintenance and minor works contracts
- Capital Estates - All new building projects
- Pharmacy - All medicines