Meds Rec: two-step process
Step One: Medication History
A record of the medicines a patient was supposed to be taking at the point they came in to hospital.
- In the Patient’s record in Clinical Portal click the Medication/IDL tab
- From menu on left click Medication
- Click Full Review
- From Review Type* drop down select Medication History
- Click Import Medications, then Import and Continue in the pop-ups
- For all Imported medications click into each one and select Add to List or Dismiss as appropriate
- Make sure you carefully check every medicine to make sure the patient is still taking it, and that the dose and other details are correct
- If adding to list examine the details, modify if needed and then click Add
- For all Previous medications click into each one and Modify / Stop / Withhold / Continue as appropriate
- Add medications if needed by clicking Add Medication and filling in the required fields
- Fill in the Sources used drop down with at least 2 sources
- Once a decision has been made on every Imported or Previous medication click on Next Review in the top right. This will trigger the second part of the process.
Step Two: Admission Review
A record of any changes made at admission to a patient’s existing medicines.
- The medications recorded in the Medication history will be listed
- For all medications click into each one and Modify / Stop / Withhold / Continue as appropriate
- Make sure you carefully check every medicine to make sure the patient should still be taking it, and that the dose and other details are correct
- Once a decision has been made on every medication click on Complete