- Please refrain from smoking anywhere on NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde grounds, this includes all buildings, all vehicles and car parks.
- All mental health units are also now smoke free.
- This policy applies to all staff, patients and visitors.
- Staff must not smoke when on duty, including when on rest breaks, whilst on NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde property or grounds. Staff should also not be identifiable as a staff member.
- E-cigarettes may be used in hospital grounds, but NOT within buildings and not around main entrances, fire exits and any other doorways.
- All patients who smoke will be offered access to stop smoking support and inpatients experiencing acute nicotine withdrawal will be treated in a supportive manner and prescribed appropriate nicotine replacement therapy(NRT) medication where required.
Click the link below to download or view the policy.
Hospital grounds across Scotland are now smokefree