If you feel that you want further understanding of complex trauma, the difficulties that can result from traumatic experiences and ways that clients can cope, the following books can be extremely informative.
- Ainscough, C. & Toon, K. (2000). Breaking Free: Help for Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. London: Sheldon Press.
- Cloitre, M., Cohen, L., & Koenen, K. (2006). Treating Survivors of Childhood Abuse: Psychotherapy for the Interrupted Life. New York: Guilford Press.
- Courtois, C.A. & Ford, J.D. (2009). Treating Complex Traumatic Stress Disorders: An Evidence-Based Guide. New York: Guildford Publications.
- Herman, J. (1997). Trauma and Recovery. New York: Basic Books.
- Kennerley, H. (2000). Overcoming Childhood Trauma. London: Robinson Publishing.
- Najavits, L.M. (2002). Seeking Safety: A Treatment Manual for PTSD and Substance Abuse. New York: Guilford Press.
- Williams, M.B. & Poijula, S. (2002). The PTSD Workbook. California: New Harbinger Publications, Inc.