Reasons for Referral
Referrals are accepted where there are complex mental health needs. Common reasons for referral include:
- Complicated psychological difficulties relating to physical illness for which they are receiving care at the RHC.
- Neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Physical conditions with significant psychological aetiology or component.
- Complex pain disorders.
- Overdose or self-injury.
- Support with care planning and management for young people with complex neurodevelopmental difficulties receiving care at the RHC.
- Eating disorders requiring admission to RHC due to physical health compromise.