What should I bring if I am admitted?
For your baby, there are certain things you may need to bring including:
- child health record
- baby formula if bottle feeding
- any creams or medication that your baby requires
- clothing for your baby including an outdoor jacket
- baby wipes if you prefer to use them
- favourite small toys
We will supply other equipment such as a cot, high chair, bath, bouncy chair, steriliser, bottle warmer and toys.
For yourself you will need:
- day time clothing
- outdoor jacket
- a note of medication you are prescribed including dose and timings of when you take them
- if breast feeding, breast pads and nipple shields if you use them
- sanitary towels
- loose change for pay phone
You should not bring:
- valuables, jewellery or large amounts of money
- credit cards
- Any items made of glass for safety reasons
- Alcohol or illicit drugs
- any drugs or medication that have not been prescribed.
The hospital does not accept any responsibility for loss of, or damage to, personal belongings unless handed in to staff for safekeeping and a receipt obtained.