Am I allowed visitors?
Your visitors are welcome to come to the unit but we would ask that they telephone the ward beforehand to notify staff of their intention to visit. The numbers of visitors may be limited as it is difficult to accommodate a large number at one time. We would appreciate your co-operation with the following:
- When visitors arrive at the unit they will be asked who they have come to see. This helps us ensure no unwanted visitors can come onto the unit.
- Where appropriate, and with your permission, we are happy for your partner or family member to approach staff during visits to discuss your care.
- We appreciate that your visitors may have a long distance to travel. Wherever possible, we will try to be flexible in relation to visiting but ask that they visit between 2.00-4.00pm and 6.00-8.00pm in order not to interfere with your treatment programme. However, we can usually allow partners to visit for longer periods.
- To ensure minimum disruption to other patients and babies in the unit, visitors are not permitted in the communal lounge and dining area. You may sit with your visitors in the garden area, your bedroom or the family room.
- Children are welcome but an adult must accompany any children who visit you in the unit and are responsible for supervising them at all times.
- Animals are not allowed within the hospital, except for assistance dogs i.e. guide dogs and hearing dogs.
- Mobile phones can only be used within the visiting area. To protect patients’ privacy, camera phones must not be used to take photographs or recordings in any part of the hospital.
- Food (hot/cold) and refreshments are available for visitors from Cafe Connect and Restaurant, both located at Leverndale Hospital
Families may have to travel some distance when visiting the unit. If your partner or other family members would like information regarding overnight accommodation in Glasgow, please ask them to speak to a member of staff. Assistance with travel costs may be available from your local Social Work Department. We can help you contact them if necessary.