Our service provides a team of Nurses who work in conjunction with the GP's to help with the physical health problems associated with Homelessness.
How can the Nursing Team Help?
- Nurses at the clinic will ask questions to ascertain how they can help with patients health problems and contact the patients registered doctor or provide help in registering with a doctor if the patient is without one.
- Our service offers a Harm Reduction Service, which provides needle exchange and gives advice to patients on how to prevent problems associated with injecting drugs.
- Within our services, health support workers are available to assist patients in going to hospital appointments or outpatient visits for health problems.
- Regular clinics are provided at Hunter Street surgery and on referral basis to various emergency homeless units. Also the service can come to the patient if the patient has nowhere to stay or is sleeping rough.
- Our service works closely with the Homeless Health Services, Social Work, housing or voluntary organisations who can be contacted in order to provide ongoing support and help to patients.