Asylum Health Bridting Team (AHBT)
- Team consists of 3 General Nurses, 1 Community Psychiatric Nurse, 2 Health Case Assistants, a Team Secretary and Nurse Team Leader. The Asylum & Refugee Health Co-ordinator is also part of the team and supports the GP allocation process.
- The team offer an initial health assessment for all newly arrived asylum seekers.
- The team aim to identify immediate health needs and facilitate medical attention if required.
- The nurses support access to GP and mainstream health services once dispersed from the initial accommodation to housing across the city.
- A drop in advice and support nurse clinic operates on a daily basis at 2pm at the AHBT.