This site uses cookies to store information on your computer. I'm fine with this Cookie information

Urgent Help - alcohol

If you feel ill, or are in need of urgent help now, then please contact your GP.

If your GP’s surgery is closed and you feel it cannot wait until it re-opens then call NHS24 on 111.

Calls to NHS24 should cost no more than the price of a local telephone call from a BT landline. Calls from mobiles and other networks may vary.

You can also go along to your local hospital Accident & Emergency department if you need help urgently.

Find your nearest A&E department here

There are also many agencies where you can ask for help & support if you feel your need is urgent but not urgent enough to visit a hospital. Contact your local agency here

The national drink helpline may also be of  assistance:

Freephone Drinkline 0800 917 8282

Drinkline is open Monday-Friday 9am-11pm & offers the following services:

  • information and self-help materials.
  • help to callers worried about their own drinking
  • support to the family and friends of people who are drinking
  • advice to callers on where to go for help

Drinkline is a confidential service and no names need be given.

Callers to the above number have the option of listening to recorded information about alcohol or talking to someone.