We are delighted to announce that we have teamed up with neighbouring local authority leisure providers to offer staff the chance to sign up to discounted leisure memberships. The scheme works by NHSGGC paying the annual membership fee, entitling staff to a 12 months membership. Staff sign a salary mandate form and the payments are deducted on a monthly basis from salary for a period of 12 months.
The annual cost of each participating local authority is as follows:
Please click on the link to the relevant application form above for more information.
Send completed application form and any enquiries to [email protected]
What's on offer?
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde staff can take advantage of a reduced membership rate of £21.62 per month for the Glasgow Club. This gives access to all local authority sport and leisure facilities in Glasgow, including swimming, gym and fitness classes. For more information go to:
The scheme works by NHSGGC paying the annual membership fee of £285.50 to Glasgow City Council. This entitles membership of the Glasgow Club for a period of 12 months with 1 extra month included. Staff sign a salary mandate form and the payments are deducted on a monthly basis from salary at the rate of £21.96 per month for a period of 13 months.
If you are interested in joining this scheme follow the steps below:
1. Memberships will commence on a quarterly basis as follows:
Decide which date you wish your membership to commence and apply at least 2 weeks in advance of this date to the address below.
Please note, when signed up you are committed to a year’s membership.
2. Complete the application form and return to:
Corporate Reporting Officer
Greater Glasgow NHS Board
Gartnavel Royal Hospital Campus
1055 Great Western Road
Glasgow G12 0XH
Please avoid contacting Alex by telephone. This guidance should provide you with all the information you need to complete your application.
3. If you are an existing member of the Glasgow Club your payment method will be amended. You will receive written confirmation from the Glasgow Club of your last direct debit payment date and amount. You should check with your bank that the payments have stopped.
4. New memberships will be effective from the first day of the quarter you apply. To activate your membership go to your local leisure centre with a note of your pay number. The Glasgow Club administrators will activate your membership and give you a membership card.
5. Once your membership has been activated, check £21.96 is being deducted from your salary each month; there may be a delay of one month before this is initiated by payroll.
6. This membership is on a rolling basis and will carry on year on year. If you do not wish to continue your membership next year you should inform Alex Dawson in writing at least one month before the 13th month of your membership.
7. Keep in touch with new announcements from the Glasgow Club by subscribing to an e-mail bulletin available at: