All jobs carried out by NHSGGC staff covered by Agenda for Change (AFC) terms and conditions are graded using the NHS Job Evaluation Scheme.
New or Changed jobs
When a post holder and their manager agree that a post has or will significantly change a re-evaluation of the post may need to be carried out.
A postholder can request a review of the outcome of a changed job with the agreement of their manager. All review documentation must be submitted within 3 months of notification of the grading decision.
When a new job is created and the pay band is determined, this is checked again (6 months to 1 year later).
- All new jobs must be authorised by the Director/Head of Service and submitted into the Job Evaluation process via the Head of People and Change.
- If the new post is part of a wider service change, involving more than one post, then all job descriptions established should be submitted
- Posts can change over a period of time but for most the job evaluation outcome will not normally be affected unless there are significant changes
- When the duties of a job have changed significantly then this should be addressed through the New and Changed Job process.
- When a job has changed significantly the following must be provided: · A revised job description should be submitted and the agreed proposed national profile. · The original job description, CAJE matched job report and national profile; · The changed job submission pro-forma detailing the changes to the skills, responsibilities, effort or environmental aspects of the post.
- The content of our job descriptions must reflect NHSGGC organisational values and behaviours.