Update 1 - November 2017
You ɑsked us… we listened!
Over a number of years, you have been asking for an easier way to record your KSF Personal Development and Planning Reviews outcomes. We have listened and are delighted to be able to announce that TURASAPPRAISAL will be launched throughout NHSScotland as the replacement for e-KSF. This will be with effect from 01 April 2018.
In this brief:
- What is Turas?
- What's changing?
- What's not changing?
- What do I need to do now?
What is Turas?
Turas (Gaelic for ‘Journey’) is a single digital platform developed by NHS Education for Scotland and is already being used by some staff for other purposes, such as ePortfolio and Quality Improvement (QI) Hub. Due to the simplified design of the application, the move from e-KSF will be easy for you. In most cases, no additional training will be needed for you to use it to complete the tasks you may have found difficult in the past with e-KSF.
- e-KSF will not be available from 31/03/18
- Turas Appraisal will be live from 01/04/18
- Current e-KSF information will transfer to TurasAppraisal but you will access this in a different way
- TurasAppraisal will be simpler to access and use
- TurasAppraisal will work on a variety of browsers and portable devices
- Non-NHS Employees can also engage with Turas - strengthening relationships within HSCP teams
What's not changing?
- You will still have regular KSF Reviews, at least once every 12 months
- You will still have a Personal Development Plan
- You will still have access to an online recording tool
What do I need to do now?
A lot of work is needed to prepare for the transition between e-KSF and Turas Appraisal and you can help in the following ways:
Learning & Education Team:
- Supporrt reviewers and reveiwees to ensure all outstanding PDPR information is completed appropriately before it is transferred to Turas Appraisal
- Provide system users with regular updates on transition from e-KSF to Turas Appraisal
- Provide information where data requires to be updated e.g. staff that are not assigned to a manager, and will process staff lists submitted to L & E following this
- Provide information on staff who do not have a KSF outline and support managers who require to implement this
- Ensure your staff lists are accurate and the correct outline is assigned to each post holder
- Support your reviewers and reviewees to ensure all outstanding PDPR information is completed appropriately before it is transferred to Turas Appraisal
- Complete PDPR's with your reviewees - finalise any outstanding reviews, objectives or PDP activities
- Ensure you have the correct staff to review
- Reschedule reviews due January to March 2018 to November/December 2017 to ensure that up-to-date PDPs are in place during transition from e-KSF to Turas Appraisal. All reviews and PDP's recorded and signed off on e-KSF will transfer to Turas Appraisal
- If you hold posts in more than one NHS Board, enter the same email address into all your e-KSF profiles to help smooth transfer of data to Turas Appraisal.
- Work with your reviewer to ensure your review, objectives and PDP activities are agreed and updated as required. Historical PDPR data transferred to Turas will be read-only, there will be no option to edit this information once it has been moved from e-KSF.
How do I find out more?
There will be regular national updates from NESabout the transition from e-KSF to Turas.
You can also get more information, including frequently asked questions from:
L&E Support and Advice | Tel: 0141 278 2700 (Ext. 12700) | Email: [email protected]