Security and Threat
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGG&C) is committed to providing a positive security culture throughout the organisation and to ensure personal safety at all times of patients, residents, staff and visitors. We have produced this short e-module in line with changes in legislation and to help ensure we embed security principles within our workforce.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the principles of the UK Counter Terrorism Strategy (CONTEST)
- Keep secure door codes confidential so that they are only known by those that require them for regular discharge of their duties
- Observe all personal safety and security rules at all times as described in the NHSGG&C Security and Threat Policy
- Challenge those persons not wearing photographic identification badges unless to do so would place them at risk
- Wear an up to date photographic identification badge at all time during work
- Understand the process for reporting and recording Security incidents at a local level
- Understand the vulnerability factors that can make individuals susceptible to radicalisation or a risk to others and can seek advice from if they have concerns about an individual who may be being groomed into terrorist activity
- Ensure passwords and login details are kept secure at all times
- Access the NHSGGC Security and Threat Policy for further information
This course can be accessed online via LearnPro
Who should attend? :
All GGC employees are required to complete this course.
No pre-requisites required
- Health, Safety and Security
- Service Improvement
Security and threat training is delivered via LearnPro. You will find it under the Statutory/ Mandatory tab on your front page.