Welcome to NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde. It is important that all new staff members recognise their contribution to the overall aims of NHSGG&C. This induction portal is an essential part of the journey to keep new members of staff well informed with the necessary information required to carry out their roles within NHSGGC.
Our organisational purpose (Mission Statement) is
To deliver effective and high quality health services, to act to improve the health of our population and to do everything we can to address the wider social detriments of health which cause health inequalities.
Below are some of the frequently asked "BIG FACTS" about NHSGGC
- We are the largest Health Board in the UK covering a geographical area stretching from East Dunbartonshire to Inverclyde
- We deliver services in 25 major hospitals, 10 specialist units, 60 health centres and clinics
- We cover a core population of approx 1.2million and provide specialist services to more than half the country's population
- We have a total annual budget of £2.6 billion
- We employ 44,000 staff
- We are investing more than £1billion to build four new hospitals
Click here to access the organisational welcome DVD by our Chief executive Mr Robert Calderwood
If you will be based at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital click here for the orientation DVD
New staff may find it useful to read more about our culture and values and in particular details of our new corporate change programme, Facing the Future Together (FTFT).
This programme is a long term effort involving everyone to ensure that changes and improvements associated with our patients, people, leaders, culture and use of resources are as effective as they can be. Click here to read more.
If your new member of staff requires literacy/numeracy support to complete the induction programme, please click here to access additional support.