Getting To Queen Elizabeth University Hospital and Royal Hospital for Children Campus
Our Moviemap shows all sustainable travel links to the QEUH/RHC Campus. The map features public transport options for bus travel as well as train and subway options. The map has links to Traveline Scotland for personal journey planning. Walking and cycling routes are also indicated as well as parking information for the campus.
Travel Options Leaflet
Click here to view/download "Getting to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital and Royal Hospital for Children" travel options leaflet, detailing the range of travel and transport options to the site. Correct as of September 2016.
Public Transport to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospitals campus
Latest Transport News
16 Temporary Diversion - From 9th of January until 30th of March 2017, the above service will be on diversion running in a clockwise direction between Blairdardie and Drumchapel. Click here for timetable and here for more information. Please note there will be a slight change of times of services during this closure.
Govan - Riverside Museum Ferry - The FREE ferry service between Govan and the Riverside Museum is scheduled to return in June 2017. The ferry will operate daily until September between the hours of 8am – 6pm Monday to Friday, and 9.45am – 5.30pm at the weekends. Please click here for more details
Bus Services to Arrivals Square - Click here
- First Glasgow Hospital Connect services 15, 16, 34A and 77 directly serve the hospital. Service 90 services the grounds via Langlands Drive, with the 3 and 34 serving Langlands Road (off-site).
- Stagecoach service X19 (Fastlink)
- McGills services 17, 21 and 23. Service 26 serves Shieldhall Road (off-site).
- Colchri service 25
Travelling to the QEUH from out with Glasgow?
Glasgow City Centre bus stops and departure points are shown in page 2 of the following diagram (click onto diagram to view), along with local interchange points such as Paisley and Braehead.
- All First Glasgow, Stagecoach, McGill's and Colchri buses are low floor, easily accessible for wheelchair users and ‘buggy friendly’.
- The hospital covers a large area. You may find it easier to take a bus that goes through the grounds.
- Concession Pass Holders travelling before 9.00am no longer need to show an appointment card.
- Correct change is needed on board First Glasgow buses
By Rail or Subway
To Govan Road Entrance
- Govan Subway Station:
A 25 minute walk to Govan Road entrance (just over 1 mile). Buses for hospital grounds are at street level bus stop, not the terminus. The X19, 21 and 23/23A connect Govan Subway to Arrivals Square and the 90 to the Hospital grounds on Langlands Drive.
- Central Station (Union Street) (nearest buses):
McGill's 23, 23A or Stagecoach X19. Alternatively take the St Enoch Subway to Govan and follow the above directions.
- Queen Street Station:
Stagecoach X19 or First 77 from Cathedral Street. Alternatively, take the Buchanan Street Subway to Govan and follow the above directions.
- Cardonald Station:
A 25 minute walk to Langlands Road entrance (just over 1 mile) or McGill's bus 17, First 34a, Colchri 25.
- Paisley Gilmour Street Station:
McGill's 17 or 21.
Follow the link above to access our dedicated walking and cycling pages
Introduction of Patient and Visitor Transfer Vehicle across QEUH Campus
The Patient and Visitor Transfer Vehicle service provides improved access for individuals who have restricted mobility and assists patients and visitors around the QEUH campus.
Collection/drop off at key locations across the campus including
- Both Multi Storey Car Parks (P1 and P2)
- Main entrances of QEUH/RHC/INS/SIU/PDRU/Maternity Unit/Langlands Building/Podiatry/Westmarc.
Hours of Availability/Seating Capacity
- Service currently operates from 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
- Buggy can transfer a maximum of 5 persons (or 1 person in a wheelchair and 3 persons) at a time
- Patients and Visitors require to be over the age of 12 years or taller than 135cm to comply with the safe use of seat belt legislation.
Designated Routes/Access to Buggy Service
Patients and Visitors can access the Transfer Vehicle via designated call points located in ground floor of P1 and P2 or via hospital reception staff located within QEUH/RHC/INS/SIU/PDRU/Maternity Unit/Langlands Building/Podiatry/Westmarc.
Further Information/ Contacts
Bus Operators - First, Stagecoach, McGills and Colchri
Rail Operator - Scotrail
Subway Operator - SPT
Other - Clyde ferry