Children and young people have been at the heart of the exciting development of Glasgow's flagship new children's hospital and have played a major role in influencing what the new £100m hospital will look like.
The Community Engagement Team met with many children, young people and families to find out how they wanted to be involved, what they want from the new hospital and its services and how they could help the NHS design the building. This work was carried out in the following ways:
· Creation of a Youth Panel – to make sure that we took on board the issues, needs and hopes of young people in the design of the new hospital
· Creation of a Family Panel – to guide us on how best to engage with families and to include their ideas in the planning of the new hospital.
· Regular surveys of their views on the buildings, facilities and services for the new hospital
· A newsletter for children and young people to keep them informed
· Regular briefings to community groups and local interests
· Support for voluntary organisations and charities to become involved in the debates and discussions around buildings, facilities and services
· Public events to take information out to the wider community
Click on the links below to find out more about how children, young people and families have influenced the design of their new hospital
If you would like to learn more then we want to hear from you. Please get in touch by contacting the Community Engagement Team at:
4th Floor, Outpatients Department
Phone: 0141 201 5598