We have standardised visiting times to offer flexibility to visitors.
Most of our hospital wards offer flexible visiting arrangements between 1.30pm and 8.30pm. See below for variations and exceptions.
Variations and Exceptions
The wards and hospitals listed below do not have standardised visiting times.
First find the hospital you are going to, then you'll see a tab/link called "Wards". Clicking this will list all the wards within that particular hospital. Clicking on the ward name/number will show visiting times and other details.
- Maternity and Children's wards
- Acute Medical and Surgical Receiving Units - Families or friends might be present when a patient is admitted and at varying times across the day, maintaining contact at times of stress. If a patient’s condition is unstable or deteriorating families or friends will be supported to stay with them. Within these areas visiting times will be between 7.00pm and 8.00pm, Monday to Sunday.
- Intensive Care Units and High Dependency Units - These units advise visiting on an individual basis for their critically unwell patients. Please speak to staff about visiting arrangements in these areas.
- Mental Health Areas
- Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre
- Dumbarton Joint Hospital
- Dykebar Hospital
- Eriskay House
- Gartnavel Royal Hospital
- Glasgow Dental Hospital and School
- Glasgow Homoeopathic Hospital
- Golden Jubilee National Hospital
- Leverndale Hospital
- MacKinnon House
- Mearnskirk House
- Mother & Baby Mental Health Unit
- Princess Royal Maternity
- Ravenscraig Hospital
- Rowanbank Clinic
- Royal Alexandra Hospital Elderly Mental Health
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children
- Skye House
- Southern General Adult Mental Health Unit
- Stobhill Elderly Mental Health Unit
All visitors please note...
You don't need to stay for the full duration of visiting time.
If you need to travel far or make special arrangements to visit please confirm arrangements with the ward directly or go through the hospital switchboard.
Protected Meal Times
We try to make sure that patients are not disturbed while having their meals and ask visitors to avoid these times. Please contact the ward / unit to find out when these times are prior to visiting your relative / friend.