Travel to the hospital
If you want to find out how to travel to the hospital please call Traveline on 0871 200 2233 or see www.travelinescotland.com
Car parking is free (except at Glasgow Royal Infirmary) but there is a four hour maximum stay in operation Monday to Friday (from 7.30am to 4.00pm). Please allow time to find a car parking space.
Disabled parking spaces are available in the main car parks.
All patients travelling from the Highlands and Islands can claim some or all of their public transport costs of travel.
The following only applies to patients on Family Credit, Income Support or Low Income.
• Please bring proof of entitlement, for example, a letter confirming entitlement to benefit, HC2 certificate, NHS Tax Credit Exemption Card, Asylum Registration Card (ARC)
• Please keep bus or train tickets used when travelling to and from the hospital
• We can reimburse the cost of petrol for patients using their car
• In some cases the travelling costs of an escort can be claimed
• Taxi fares will not be reimbursed
Inpatients - Please ask your nurse for further information
Outpatients - Please ask staff for further information or directions to the cash office