Timetable of changes to new hospitals
Here are the dates when key services were transferred to the new hospitals located in The Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Campus:
- 2nd May - Outpatients, GP out-of-hours service and therapy department
- 1st-3rd May - Inpatients, A&E, theatres, Intensive Therapy Unit and High Dependency Unit
- 8th May - ENT (Ear Nose and Throat) inpatients
A&E at old Southern General closed at 8.00am on 2nd May.
- 26th April - Renal dialysis
- 9th-10th May - Vascular and renal inpatients
- 30th-31st May - All remaining inpatients and A&E
A&E at the Western Infirmary closed at 8.00am on 30th May.
(The Outpatient Department, GP out of hours, the West Glasgow Maternity Unit and a new West Glasgow Minor Injuries Unit now operates from this site until they are transferred to the Yorkhill site in October 2015).
Victoria Infirmary and Mansionhouse Unit
- During the weekends of 16th-17th May and 23rd-24th May - All services will transfer
A&E at the Victoria closed at 8.00am on 16th May.
Royal Hospital for Sick Children (Yorkhill)
- 10th-12th June - Inpatient and day surgery services
- 12-14 June - Outpatient services
A&E at RHSC (Yorkhill) closed at 8.00am on 10th June.
Commemorative booklets of the old hospitals will be available online soon.