Eastwood Health and Care Centre
Eastwood Health & Care Centre was developed in partnership with East Renfrewshire Council through the East Renfrewshire Community Health and Care Partnership (CHCP).
Located on the site of the former Isobel Mair School in Williamwood, the centre replaces a number of buildings which were no longer fit for purpose.
The design has been adopted as the Reference Design for new primary care centres across Scotland.
The building provides a range of primary care, clinical, social care and voluntary self help services for the population of Eastwood under one roof:
- GP services
- Outreach clinics (anticoagulation, maternity, addictions)
- Physiotherapy & Podiatry
- Adult & Older People's Mental Health
- Children & Families Services (social work, school nurses and health visitors)
- Rehabilitation & Enablement Services (social work, district nurses, occupational and physio therapists)
- Voluntary & independent sector organisations (e.g. carers, dementia support)
- CHCP support staff and management
- The total cost for the building is £14.9m (£9.2m NHS / £5.7m ERC)
- Construction began in December 2014
- The centre will provide over 6,00m2 of accommodation over three floors
- The centre should complete in March 2016
New Eastwood Health and Care Centre nears completion (July 2016)
Sod Cutting Press Release (Feb 2016)