The £7.3 million contemporary healthcare facility, located in a prominent location on the Inverclyde Royal Hospital grounds, provides adult and older peoples’ continuing care mental health accommodation, with a particular focus on delivering a dementia friendly environment.
There are 2 wards:Oak and Willow; a cafe area provides refreshments and is open to visitors, patients and their family members daily between 2.00-4.00 pm and 7:00-8:00 pm (except Christmas Day and New Year's Day).
There are 42 beds in total with 30 of these dedicated to continuing care for older people.
- 24 continuing care beds for patients with dementia
- 6 continuing care beds for patients with dementia and co-morbidity conditions
- 12 adult continuing care beds
- Social enterprise space including a cafe and hair-dressers
- Treatment rooms
- Multi-purpose social spaces for male and female patients