Our vision is for Glasgow to be a great place for people to live and grow old safely and healthily.
Our vision aims to:
- help older people and their carers take responsibility for their own health so that people can stay healthy, active and live well, be independent, exercise choice and are fully involved and engaged in decisions that affect them;
- ensure that health, housing and social care is focused on those older people who are in greatest need because of their health, social and economic circumstances;
- increase our focus on prevention and anticipatory care to help people stay well;
- deliver integrated and person centred care;
- build community capacity to ensure older people continue to be contributors to care provision and wider society, to ensure overall community cohesion that achieves a mutual care approach across generations and different sections of society.
In short the partner organisations in Glasgow need to build on, and improve, the care we already provide to realise our shared vision of making the city a great place to grow old.
The closing date for your comments is Friday 28 June.