Many older people have worked closely with us to produce this plan. They tell us they would like to see Glasgow as a city:
- where age does not mean losing the right to make choices and having control of your life;
- where services are joined up and all service providers are working together to deliver information, advice, and the best environment for older people and their carers so that they can gain access to whatever they need;
- where older people and their carers stay healthy, enjoy their life and can be as involved as they wish in making full and active contributions to the future of the city;
- where older people will be living in their home, and have access to appropriate services that meet their changing needs;
- where living longer means improved quality of life and not just the number of years lived;
- that is welcoming and has an all inclusive, mixed community who are all working together to make Glasgow a great place to live and grow old; and,
- where older people feel safe in their homes and the area where they live.
The closing date for your comments is Friday 28 June.