What is an MCN?
Managed Clinical Networks (MCN) were set up to
- assist in developing aspects of the management of Long Term Conditions (LTC) such as diabetes, cardiovascular, rheumatological and respiratory diseases and chronic pain
- promote health improvement in Glasgow and Clyde in new and creative ways
- promote close working between patients, carers, local authorities and the voluntary sector to help plan both preventative and care services
- review services to ensure everyone can access high quality, evidence-based services, while acknowledging potential financial limitations
- review guidelines and protocols for the management of various conditions consistent with national guidelines
- provide readily-available information about Long Term Conditions and health care for those who wish to access it